Absolutely fantastic: Via CNN and by way of KXTV comes video footage from one Bruce Hyland that must be seen to be believed.
Up close and personal, indeed. It should probably be noted that it should probably go without saying that actually seeking out such footage would be unwise.
Oh, right. Anyway, that said, it really is pretty cool.
Image credits: Bruce Hyland (top, middle), CNN (bottom).
• The legend of rocket cats.
• How does the internet get from here to there?
• Two words to brighten your day: beekeeping donkey.
• It turns out your teeth can teach scientists about how to make glass stronger by cracking it.
• Study well, and one day you, too, can unlock the secrets of the Universe.
• Space is really, really big, right? Contemplate our solar system with interactive models from BBC Future and Josh Worth.
• The name of your next band? Try earthquake lights.
• It’s not all in the wrist; the “flat loop” rope trick is also in the thumb and forefinger.