Just some reading to expand your mind within the fixed boundaries of your brain:
- Speaking of your brain, it’s really complicated, but you already knew that. Have a look, anyway.
- And all that complication can be very interesting. Or, rather, two words: “dancing gorillas”.
- Which, in turn, makes evolutionary psychology a bit tricky, to say the least.
- On another subject entirely, two more words: “bats” and “tequila”.
- More from the animal kingdom: The Cape fur seal strikes back.
- In less predatory news, try something about obsidian lava flows.
- Or maybe look up at the sky, and contemplate the idea that life may be closer than we think.
File under, “Hmph.”
No, really, I don’t know what to say, so let us just check in with Pallab Ghosh, for BBC:
A study has shown that anti-depressants can be used to help former lab chimps combat depression and trauma.
Researchers say that the treatment should be considered for hundreds of other chimps that have been used in scientific research.
The finding comes as a US funding body thinks about retiring the more than 300 chimps it uses for medical research.
Continue reading →